INTENSIVE COURSE ON ADVANCED NUMERICAL METHODS FOR ENVIRONMENTAL MODELING
By Profs. lya Peshkov, Annunziato Siviglia, and Michael Dumbser
University of Trento: 15th to 31st May 2023.
The course on advanced numerical methods for modeling of environmental processes consists of a structured intensive 2.5 week program of 80 hours of theoretical lectures and computer laboratory exercises on advanced numerical methods for hyperbolic and nonlinear parabolic partial differential equations with applications in environmental engineering and science. The course covers explicit and flux-splitting finite volume methods for hyperbolic equations, semi-implicit finite volume methods for hyperbolic and nonlinear parabolic equations, e.g. shallow water equations, sediment transport (Exner equation), solidification (icing, Stefan model), ecomorphodynamic (vegetation growth, death and mutual interaction with sediments). Special emphasis is put on practical implementation of the discussed numerical methods. The lectures on the theory will be supplemented with laboratory-based computer exercises to provide hands-on experience to all participants on the practical aspects of numerical methods for hyperbolic and parabolic problems and applications using MATLAB software. The course is primarily designed for Master and Ph.D. students in applied mathematics, engineering, physics, computer science and other scientific disciplines.
- The Master and Ph.D. students of the University of Trento are free of charge.
- The external students are subjected to a tuition fee which depends on the total number of credits that you are planning to get from the course.
- A minimum fee is 216,00 e for 6 credits (full course, 80 hours). For each exceeding credit you will pay an extra fee of e 30,00.
REGISTRATION AND ADMINISTRATIVE INFORMATION
The registration deadline is 31st March 2023 at 12:00.
- Should you still not have a UniTn account, you have to register and login with your SPID credential (Public Digital Identity System). If you cannot use SPID, please create your own UniTn account.
- Complete the online application Apply for enrollment in ‘Standard’ single classes a.y. 2022/2023
- Please wait for the outcome of the application.
- Pay the bulletin you find in Esse3-Registrar’s office-MyTasse.
More information on the web page Intensive short course on advanced numerical methods for environmental modeling | UniTrento (unitn.it)